- Aug 19, 2014 Our paper was introduced on The Wall Street Journal. The article is here (bottom of the page).
- Aug 18, 2014 During the last 4 months, 8 papers appeared on The Journal of Neuroscience, Neuroscience, Parknson and Related Disorders, and so on. Please find our "Publication" section.
- Apr 1, 2014 I launched a new lab in Tokyo, Japan. Call for Lab Members
- Apr 1, 2014 Our new paper about neuro-rehabilitation for musicians' dystonia was accepted in Annals of Neurology. Press release on Economist, NeuroConn.
- Mar 28, 2014 Our new paper about auditory feedback control in skilled musical performance was accepted in Neuroscience.
- Feb 6, 2014 Our new paper about coherence analysis in vowing tremor was accepted in Journal of Neural Transmission.
- Nov 20, 2013 I was awarded by Heisenberg Program (DFG).
- Oct 30, 2013 Our new paper about piano practice was accepted in BMC Neuroscience.
- May 16, 2013 Our new paper about musician's tremor was accepted in Movement Disorders.
- May 15, 2013 Our new paper about focal hand dystonia of pianists was accepted in Neuroscience.
- Apr 17, 2013 Today, 3 papers were accepted. Two of them will appear in Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, and one in Journal of Neurophysiology. I appreciate all collaborators.
- Feb 27, 2013 Our paper about transcranial stimulation on pianists was accepted in BMC Neuroscience.
- Aug 28-31, 2013 Our symposium "Control of Sequential Movements in Musical Performance" will be performed at International Society on Performance Science in Vienna, Austria.
- June 1, 2013 I give an invited talk entitled "Teaching injury preventive piano technique and retraining" at EPTA in Switzerland. FLYER
- May 9-14, 2013 I give an invited talk entitled "Novel Approaches in Rehabilitation of Musicians: DC-stimulation reassessed" and a workshop of transcranial direct current stimulation at Second International Congress on Treatment of Dystonia in Hannover, Germany.
- Our special issue "Sensory-motor control and learning of musical performance" appears on Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. (co-organized by Prof. Eckart Altenmuller)
- Mar 12, 2013 I give an invited talk entitled "Hand motor control of pianists with focal dystonia" at Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences (Dept. of Neurology).
- Jan 7, 2013 I give an invited talk entitled "Neuromuscular control of skilled and dystonic piano playing" at Goldsmith, University of London.
- Nov 20-24, 2012 I will give an invited talk entitled "Machine Learning Approaches in Probing Neural Control of Skilled and Disordered Movements in Music Performance" at SCIS-ISIS2012.
- Oct 17, 2012 A position paper entitled Probing neural mechanisms of music perception, cognition, and performance using multivariate decoding based on our ICMPC12 symposium has been accepted for publication in Psychomusicology.
- Aug 20, 2012 Our Research Topic entitled "Sensory-motor control and learning of musical performance" launched at Frontiers in Human Neuroscience and Frontiers in Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience (co-hosted).
- Jul 13 2012 Our new paper about independent control of finger movements in skilled piano playing has been accepted in Journal of Neurophysiology.
- Aug 30, 2012 I will give an invited talk at Donders Institute (Nijmegen, Netherland). The title is "Sensory-motor mechanism of skilled and unskilled piano playing".
- June 13, 2012 I will talk about "Movement organization of piano playing" at Max Planck Institute (Berlin).
- Feb 6, 2012 Our proposal for a symposium at ICMPC 12 was accepted. The title of the symposium is "Classification as a tool in probing neural mechanisms of music perception, cognition, and performance". (Co-organizer: Rebecca Schaefer and Shinichi Furuya)
- Jan 5, 2012 I will talk "Brain mechanism behind music performance" at RIKEN in Japan.